Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Kunkun's first day at Kiruddu


By Kunkun Wang

Today was my first day at Kiruddu, one of the public hospitals in Kampala. It is government funded and free of charge for patients. However, sadly they usually run out of certain medications so the family has to go to outside pharmacy to buy it. Currently they run out of lab supplies too so patients need to go to private labs to get their lab checked. Comparing with the IDI clinic when most patient there are stable, patients here are having more severe problems.

I rounded with the team and watched a lumbar puncture for my first time. Everything here is very different than the hospital in the US because of limited resources. I also feel that because TB and malaria are so rare in the US, I haven't learned as much on those topics...I am looking forward for more days at Kiruddu and learning more.

My final thought is I really hope the rain can stop tomorrow so my laundries can dry.... Still can't believe it's always around 70 in Kampala where it is so close to the equator.

No comments:

Post a Comment