Search This Blog

Thursday, May 24, 2018

Kunkun Wang intro



Hello,

My name is Kunkun Wang. I am a fourth year pharmacy student from University of Minnesota, twin cities campus. I am originally from Shijiazhuang, China. I am the only child in my family. My father is a veterinary doctor and my mother is an engineer. Under the influence of my father, I became interested in healthcare.

I came to the US around 7 years ago for my undergrad following pharmacy school. Seeing the large difference in health care between China and US made me interested in global health. During pharmacy school, I volunteered at different underserved communities in the twin cities area including African America, Hmong, Vietnamese, Cambodian and Chinese communities. The volunteer experience and direct patient interactions with the medically underserved population make me realize how important it is for healthcare practitioner to understand patients’ culture and background while treating their disease. I am hoping to learn the clinical knowledge as well as to know more about African culture.

I currently don’t have specific goals after my graduation. I am still figuring out my interests. This trip will definitely broaden my prospective and give me some hints about which career path I should pursue in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment