Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Another productive day!


By Kunkun Wang

Another productive day!

Like yesterday, Prosperity and I went to Nakasero hospital for rounds in the morning. Professor Otim was very engaging going over his patients with us. I had the same meal as yesterday - goat stew in the hospital cafeteria and yes I am planning to eat it 5 days in a row while I am at Nakasero. When Dr.Nicol and I met the pharmacist Esther here the first day, she was worried if I was picky about food. When she asked that I was also thinking if the hospital food would be as bad as the US hospital food but it was actually very good with reasonable price. We also had some down time in the afternoon so we went to help in the main pharmacy for some outpatient/discharge prescriptions. Looking for drugs on the shelf was challenging because the medications were all boxed with brand name on it. We also observed the process of taking in prescriptions, preparing, dispensing and counseling.

The picture below is when the pharmacy run out of certain strength we (Prosperity did the work:) had to cut it half for patient. They don’t have prescription bottles. They use paper bags and usually do 30 days supply to make sure the drug won’t go bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment