Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 22, 2019

The Return of the Blog


Uganda APPE 2019 has officially begun! All of us (and thankfully all our luggage) made it to Entebbe late last evening and got into our house in the early morning hours.The "Minnesota House" has moved a few plots down the street from where I have stayed previously so we all got a quick tour and tried to catch some sleep before our first full day. Unfortunately, some Ugandan dogs had other ideas- apparently they had a lot to talk about with each other between 4-7am.

For the first time in my 8 (?) visits to Uganda, I had to complete this health form, which is clearly an "Ebola Screening" form, before entering the country. Speaks to the ongoing epidemic that is not too far away in the Democratic Republic of Congo and I'm sure the Ugandan government and health officials are very aware and mindful of.


It has been 11 months since I was last in Uganda, the longest time away since my fist trip in October 2015. It means there is a LOT on my plate while I'm here. A long list of people to touch base with and projects to move forward

Over the next few days, each of the APPE students will introduce themselves. I am particularly excited about this year's cohorts as all three are students in my Department's Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology Research Emphasis program

No comments:

Post a Comment